“Our bodies communicate to us clearly and specifically, if we are willing to listen.”
– Shakti Gawain
IV Therapy Oak Bay, BCBook Appointment
Intravenous therapy delivers a mixture of vitamins, minerals and amino acids directly into your -bloodstream. IV therapy bypasses digestion and the limits imposed by oral supplementation, so that 100% of nutrients are available for use by your body.
If you are experiencing low energy, chronic fatigue, or malabsorption from chronic gut issues, then IV nutrient therapy may be an option for you. Nutrient IV therapy helps to restore nutrient deficiencies and to rehydrate cells back to optimal function. Speak to a licensed naturopathic doctor to see if IV therapy can become a part of your individualized treatment plan.”
Benefits of IV Therapy
Necessary for proper red blood cell formation, DNA synthesis, and proper formation and metabolism of cells. If levels are low, benefits of an injection include:
- Preventing anemia caused by low B12/supporting red blood cell formation needed to bring nutrients and oxygen to all the tissues of the body
- Improving brain health, which can have positive effects on memory by supporting neuron regeneration
- Improved mood, as B12 is linked to proper serotonin production
- Absorption of B12 is much better via an injection than through oral supplementation
- "Normal” levels on bloodwork may still be suboptimal for health, so be sure to have your levels assessed by a naturopathic doctor or functional medicine doctor
Vitamin D is needed to make our sex hormones including estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.It is a fat-soluble hormone that is produced by the body when skin comes into contact with the sun, but can also be supplied through diet.
Benefits of injections if levels are low:
- Maintaining healthy bones and decreasing risk of osteoporosis.
- supporting the immune system when fighting colds and flus.
- Critical for managing autoimmune conditions.
- Can help reduce risk of high blood pressure and heart disease.
- Can play a role in cognitive brain health and decreasing risk of dementia.
- Improving mood, depression and anxiety.
What to expect during and IV Therapy treatment session
One Nutrient IV therapy is tailored to each individual patient. This is done through a thorough intake and medical history with your healthcare provider, so that you can determine the right
IV therapy for you, including the frequency and number of treatments, and what type of changes to expect over the course of your treatments. This intake will also cover your current medications and supplements, in order to ensure that your IV therapy does not negatively interact with your current protocol.
During your first IV visit, your healthcare provider will go over all risks and benefits with you, ensuring that you have a thorough understanding of the treatment.
IV insertion involves placing the IV line into a vein, which is usually found in the crease of your elbow, although this location can vary depending on viability of the vein which can vary from patient to patient, and from day to day. Make sure to be properly hydrated before your visit to ensure easy access to a vein, and to wear a top that provides comfortable and easy access to your elbow. The IV infusion will be done through a catheter needle which is a more gentle option for IV therapy, decreasing any sensation of pain.
Once the IV is in, the infusion generally takes between 45 minutes to one hour to complete, and is for the most part a great opportunity to sit back and relax.